Canon 85mm F1.8 EF USM Lens is an extremely practical medium telephoto lens with excellent definition and portability. Images obtained by 85mm 1.8 Canon are sharp and clear at all apertures. Through computer reproduction, Canon 85mm 1.8 Lens EF (electronic focus system) has been designed to provide stunning background blur. As the front set of the lens does not rotate during focusing, therefore, particular filter effects are not affected. Canon 85mm f/1.8 Lens is Lightweight, Responsive and furnish extra ordinary sharpness.
The lens employs an influential ring-type USM (Ultrasonic Motor) for smooth autofocus and fast f/1.8 aperture. Canon 85mm f/1.8 lens is responsive for all types of work calling for reasonable telephoto authority, but approaches into its own in low-light conditions. It presents a 1/3-stop speed advantage over theCanon 100mm f2 USM lens. Canon EF 85 mm F1.8 is a medium telephoto lens, carries the subject closer through a large aperture.
It generates remarkable background blur with greater natural clarity and offers a longer flash range. Canon 85mm f/1.8 Lens affords a faster shutter speed to congeal the action. It is standard zoom lens, with its usual angle of view and outlook. Canon 85mm Lens captures the subject with no special effects. If you are in quest for a highly sensible medium telephoto lens with wonderful description and portability, the Canon 85mm 1.8 EF USM Lens is the right choice for you.
It produces sharp and clear images at all apertures. Designed for film cameras, it works with DX and full frame Canon EOS digital SLR cameras. It utilizes ring USM (Ultrasonic Motor), which makes the focus fast and quite. The build quality of the Canon f1.8 EF 85mm USM Lens is quite good including a metal lens mount. This focal length is very good for portraits, and the Canon EF 85/1.8 USM Lens makes a good portrait lens.
Features: Canon 85mm F/1.8 EF USM Lens
- Short-telephoto, portrait-length prime is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 136mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and also affords greater control over depth of field for working with selective focus techniques.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- A ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM) is employed to deliver fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- Additionally, the front of the lens does not rotate during focusing to better permit working with polarizing and graduated filter types.
- Rounded eight-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
Specifications: Canon 85mm F/1.8 EF USM Lens
- Focal Length: 85mm
- Maximum Aperture: f/1.8
- Maximum Magnification 0.13x
- Minimum Focus Distance 2.79' / 85 cm
- Minimum Aperture: f/22
- Angle of view (h, v, d): 24°, 16°, 28°30'
- Lens construction: 9/7 (elements/groups)
- Diaphragm blades: 8 blades
- Closest focusing distance: 0.85 m
- Magnification ratio (x): 0.13
- AF actuator: USM¹
- Filter diameter: 58 mm
- Dimension (Diameter x Length): 75 mm x 71.5 mm
- Magnification + Extension Tube EF12: 0.27 - 0.15
- Magnification + Extension Tube EF25: 0.44 - 0.32
- USM: Yes
- AF: Yes
- Focal Length: Fixed Focal Length
- Lens Fitting: Canon AF
- Weight: 425 grams
- Warranty: 1 year
Canon f/1.8 85mm EF USM Lens
Canon Lens Case
Canon User Guide
Canon Front & Rear Caps
- Package Weight 1.2 lb / 555 grams
- Box Dimensions (LxWxH): 7.25 x 4.9 x 4.75"
MTF Chart - Canon EF 85mm F/1.8 USM Lens
Block Diagram - Canon
85mm F/1.8 EF USM Lens
Canon 85mm F/1.8 EF USM Lens
Sample Picture - Canon
EF 85mm 1.8 USM Lens
For more information about, Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Lens .
Back to top