Pentax 50-135mm f2.8 SMCP-DA ED AL (IF) SDM Lens is a high-quality, brilliant f2.8 lens, the 50-135mm Lens designed entirely for use through digital SLR cameras. This 50-135mm f2.8 Lens carries superior optical technologies, together with Aspherical elements, extraordinary optical-glass elements, and original lens coatings. Pentax 50-135mm presents a versatile ultra-wide to medium-telephoto zoom range and be used 50-135mm f2.8 Lens as the perfect standard zoom lens in a wide variety of applications, including landscape, snapshot, and portrait.
The picture circle in DA-series lenses like 50-135mm Lens is designed to completely match the 23.5mm x 15.7mm size of CCD used in Pentax digital SLRs to optimize camera presentation. This design also gives to a drastic decrease in size, weight, and manufacture cost, compared to 35mm-format matching parts with similar specifications.
Pentax DA (DA-Star) zoom lenses like 50-135mm f2.8 come equipped with the SDM System, 50-135mm f2.8 SMCP-DA* guarantee smoother, quieter auto-focusing operation by using a built-in supersonic motor. When Pentax 50-135mm Lens is mounted on the K10D digital SLR camera body, the focus mode is automatically switched to SDM-assisted auto-focusing. The conservative AutoFocus mode using a camera-mounted motor is preferred when mounted on older Pentax digital SLR camera bodies.
Like every Pentax Lenses, 50-135mm f2.8 Lens is treated with SMC coating for maximum light transmission, sharp definition, and high contrast images. Also, SP (Super Protective) coating made of a special fluoride compound has been applied to the front surface of the 50-135mm Lens through the use of a unique disappearance process. As an outcome, the Pentax 50-135mm f2.8 lens presents outstanding water- and oil-repellent presentation and makes for easier cleaning should the Lens be unintentionally dirty with fingerprints or cosmetics.
Features of Pentax 50-135mm F2.8 SMCP-DA* ED SDM AF Zoom Lens:
- Incorporates 3 Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass lens elements to compensate for chromatic aberration.
- DA-series lenses feature tightly sealed, weather-resistant and dust-resistant construction that enhance durability for use in rain or dusty conditions.
- Quick-Shift Focus System allows to instantly switch the focus mode from AF to manual with a slight twist of the focus ring.
- SP (Super Protective) coating made of a special fluoride compound has been applied to the front surface of the lens to offer excellent water- and oil-repellent performance.
- Incorporates a metallic lens mount for extra durability
- Note: Only compatible with digital SLR cameras!
Specifications: Pentax 50-135mm F2.8 SMCP-DA* ED SDM AF Zoom Lens
- Filter Size: 67mm
- F Stop Range: 2.8-22
- Minimum Focus Distance: 3.3' (1 m)
- Magnification: 1:5.8
- Zoom/Focus Control: Two-touch
- Angle of View: 31.5 - 11.9° (used with digital SLR)
- Groups/Elements: 14/18
- Length: 5.3" (136mm)
- Maximum Diameter: 3" (76mm)
- Weight: 11.3 oz (320 g)
Pentax 50-135mm F2.8 AF Zoom Lens
Pentax Front & Rear Lens Caps
Pentax Lens Hood
For more information about, Pentax 50-135mm F2.8 SMCP-DA* ED (IF) SDM AF Zoom Lens .
Back to top